It’s right for you if…
You’re looking for a long-travel carbon e-MTB and you want nothing but the best. Your bike better have wireless electronic components, a high-end suspension setup, and a powerful Bosch system that’ll fly up grinders in a flash.
The tech you get
An OCLV Mountain Carbon frame that fully encases a 625Wh battery, a super responsive RockShox ZEB Ultimate fork with extra-burly 38mm stanchions and loads of adjustability, a RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate shock with an updated Thru Shaft damper, a Bosch Performance Line CX 250W motor that assists up to 20 mph, and a Kiox controller. A SRAM X01 Eagle AXS drivetrain with an extra-low 52-tooth climbing gear, downhill-rated 4-piston brakes for unflinching descents, a RockShox Reverb AXS dropper post, and new Bontrager Line Pro 30 carbon wheels with robust SE5 Team Issue tires that come completely tubeless ready, including sealant.
The final word
Rail 9.9 is all about top-shelf tech. It has the latest wireless electronic components, RockShox’s best enduro fork, and Bosch’s most powerful battery and full-color controller.
Why you’ll love it
- The SRAM X01 Eagle AXS drivetrain is smart, smooth, and completely wireless
- The full-color Bosch Kiox controller displays ride info, connects with your Bluetooth® enabled devices, and has a built-in theft prevention feature
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter, and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedaling, and has less drag when you’re not
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- Trek’s Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- Smaller frames (S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube
RockShox Super Deluxe Thru Shaft damper
With the all-new RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Thru Shaft, you get the most refined shock on the market, with an updated air spring and an exclusive Thru Shaft damper that gives you tenacious grip, plush control, and the support you need for ripping rough descents all day.
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It’s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security, or just easier charging.
Custom eMTB Lite mode
Trek eMTBs feature a custom eMTB Lite mode in place of Tour mode. It gives you more natural-feeling power delivery and longer battery life.
New Bosch Performance Line CX
The all-new Bosch Performance Line CX motor is lighter, smaller, and quieter than previous versions, for cleaner integration and more nimble handling. It’s also more efficient so you can go farther on a single battery charge. Use the intelligent eMTB mode to automatically adjust the amount of assist to match the terrain. It’s a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Active Braking Pivot
Active Braking Pivot allows our engineers to tune how the suspension reacts to acceleration and braking forces independently. That means you get more confident control when you need it most.